 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1320
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:59:26 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com>
<snip>
If I submit my own design and stand to lose my rights to it, that prompts • me
to order the parts and then sell my sets on my own. I stand to profit from
that at a much greater scale. Plus, I get to keep the rights to my own
designs.
<snip>

I would hope that Lego would use the same idea that they are using with the
Brickilizer, that is, we post the design ( or image in the case of the
Bricklizer ) and an order for the parts is placed, without Lego keeping a
copy of the actual design.

Of course, if they decide to attempt the other method, then I'm certain that
a program to scramble your design, but use exactly the same pieces in the
same colors and quantities will become available from someone who feels the
same way that you do. :-) Without a program to do that, it could still be
done manually, but would be tedious.

BTW, I'm one of the people that feels the same way as you about this. ( in
case I didn't make that clear above.)

-Andy Lynch