 LEGO Company / 953
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:35:11 GMT

If you look at the MyWorldLUG section in this post:

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=45187

you will see we intended precisely that (like MyYahoo, or MyMSN)

-paul

In lugnet.general, Steve Runnels wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Bryan Beckwith wrote:
   Finally! I’ve been waiting forever for some sort of international, LEGO users group network!

Oh wait. There is one. And I’m using it right now.

Bryan

Finally! Someone made the completely ignorant statement I was waiting for! w00t!

Ok, I’ll put my piece in here I guess.

I think this whole idea is a good one, but it’s going to take a LOT of work and participation from the other sites.

What some people don’t seem to understand, is that this isn’t just about forums and links.

Imagine if you will, you have a homepage that you can configure, however you want, that can give you the latest threads FROM Lugnet, FBTB, Classic Castle, etc. Imagine it shows you the latest MOCs from your favorite builders and/or catagories. Imagine it also shows you the latest pics for new sets. Imagine it would tell you when something on your BrickLink wishlist appears. Imagine just how limitless this could be if it actually happens! And that’s just the homepage...

And this isn’t about replacing ANYTHING, when you click the links on such a homepage it would take you to the places you know and love now. And this would allow NEW sites to join in much easier without being forced to pull people away from the other sites. Everything would be interconnected and make finding what you actually want to see much easier.

Like I said however, it will take a lot of work. And I’m not sure that it really would ever happen, but it’s nice to dream.

--SteveR