 LEGO Company / 532
Re: Are you going to try out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:52:26 GMT

I'd try out for the same reasons I'd run for Governor of California - to say I
tried, even though I know I'm exceedingly under-qualified..

I think it's a great idea, and I'd love to work for LEGO..

But unless you plan on working for 60+ hours a week there's no way you can
survive on that small a salary in Southern California, especially if you have a
family. One of my collegues at OCC (a former Disney theme park engineer and AFOL
- perfect for the job, IMO) thought about trying out, but he has a family of
five. No way.

There are many jobs in my industry (CAD/CAM/CNC)that pay that much for almost
entry-level skills. How can a position that is 1 of <10 in the NATION still be
an hourly position? Truly supply and demand?

}^(

Darrell