 LEGO Company / 3732
Re: The Future of Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 20:55:13 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Adam Murtha wrote:

Well thank you Lego. This is the final nail in the coffin. Changing the grey's
and brown colours, killing the 9v trains. The least you could have done was keep
up with the exchange rate on the Canadian dollar. No excuses like "There may be
many variables including taxes, exchange rates and country laws which can affect
the market value.Suggested retail prices for our product assortment are
determined well in advance.  We rely on professional studies of the dollar
fluctuations over a multi year horizon to determine the suggested retail price
which will not change during the product assortment year.  The suggested retail
price of our products has historically not fluctuated every time the value of
the dollar rises or falls to maintain an annual harmonized price." *Taken from
an email I got from Lego about the difference in the US and Canadian dollar*
Another failure by Lego to determine the desire for the 9v trains. As mentioned
before the lack of sales in the train line has nothing to do with the power
source, but the lack of marketing and availability.

I'm out. I'm done. See ya Lego. I wonder what Mega Bloks is coming out with next
year?

Hey Adam,

Will you sell me you 9v stuff?

Todd