 LEGO Company / 3703
Re: The Future of Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 20:53:31 GMT

At last we now know why our concerns over 9v trains were never on the original
LEGO Ambassadors’ Official “Issues” List.

I've known the writing was on the wall for a long time now, but even with that
knowledge the blow wasn't any less hard to me.  As someone who just got into
building 9v trains, and ABSOLUTELY DEPENDS on the ability to pull current from
the track and not batteries, I don't know what I'll do now.  Most steam engines,
especially the smaller ones, have no ability to hide a battery box or worse yet
some travesty of an IR base.

I would feel very betrayed by LEGO right now, but I've already felt that way
over the color change, which I'm just now coming to terms with.  So I feel
mostly disappointed in LEGO's decision than anything else, and I do understand
the need to go forward with profitable lines, even if LEGO hasn't given 9v train
fans anything worth buying in 6 months.

But I am very surprised, pleasantly so, at the replies thus far, and how most
are willing to give this new system the benefit of the doubt.  And because of
that I've decided to do the same.  I'll wait and see, just don't look for a
smile on my face.

--Tony