 LEGO Company / 3589
3588  |  3590
Subject:
10177: UCS Boeing 787 Dreamliner!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 02:26:26 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Okay, so I think this is really neat:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaknspell/194067843/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaknspell/194067846/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaknspell/194067847/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaknspell/194067848/

Steve Witt announced this on http://www.legofan.org

Statistics:
1197 pieces, 66 cm long with a wingspan of 69 cm
due out this summer

It doesn't look like they're officially calling it "UCS" although one look at
the display stand and you'll agree the title definitely applies.

It's really cool to see them apply the UCS concept outside of Star Wars (as much
as I also love the Star Wars UCS stuff, of course).  On more than one occasion
I've suggested something like "UCS 747" in those AFOL surveys they have from
time to time.  I'm sure many others suggested the same thing, too.  It's nice to
see ideas like that come to life.

My question for Steve, if he reads this, is if the set includes landing gear?
It's not shown in the pictures, which makes me suspect it doesn't, but it would
be really cool if it does.

-Paul D.