 LEGO Company / 3118
Re: Announcing LEGO Ambassadors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:52:06 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jeff Van Winden wrote:

   Is this worldwide?
Yes, this is a worldwide program. Of course, it’s based on applications and not recruitment, so if no one from South America applies, for instance, there’s no chance that South America will be represented. The goal is to have both the best talent from the community as well as a representative distribution among countries.

So an Ambassador represent a geographical area then? How would the number of Ambassadors be broken down, would it be one person in each major metropolitan area One in each country?

Sorry, clearly I didn’t explain that one very well at all.

What I was saying as a couple of things:

1. We’re not “recruiting” for the Ambassador spots, so we’re not going to be creating a fully geographically represented group of people. The idea is to pick the best. That might mean that there’s a stronger weighting towards one country versus another simply because there’s so many great builders there.

2. If no one from a certain country applies for the program, we’re not going to have anyone from that country in the program.

3. Our hope is that we have an applicant pool from all over the world - which would lead to a diverse group. But if only Canadians apply, for instance, we’ll only have Canadians in the program.

Does that make more sense?

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

Re: Announcing LEGO Ambassadors
3. Our hope is that we have an applicant pool from all over the world - which
would lead to a diverse group. But if only Canadians apply, for instance,
we'll only have Canadians in the program.

Does that make more sense?

Jake¬
---¬
Jake McKee¬
Community Liaison¬
LEGO Community Development

Who wants a group with just all Canadians???  Bunch of polite "Sorry you stepped
on my toes" toque wearing, Tim Horton coffee drinking, hockey missing
apologists!!

Dave K
-I nominate Jeff VW--can we actually nominate or vote for our ambassadors?

[...]

That makes perfect sense! It sounds like a good way to choose people.

Although I wonder if some may discoruaged to apply, because they feel they are not the best of the best.

Jeff VW

Jake
---