 LEGO Company / 1867
Re: New Dark Grey Track in HP Train 10132?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 21:48:21 GMT

In lugnet.color, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Mark Riley wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   I may be confused but I don’t think Jake ever offered to keep track around in old grey. I speculate that’s beyond his power. What I believe he was seeking was a list of things to get “one more run” in the old color, or at the very most, to be available in both colors. But that latter option is, I speculate, very expensive for the business to do.

Perhaps it’s all just a blur now (i.e. 263+ messages later), but he did mention something to that effect in the very message that started the whole ruckus all over again:

JAKE: “A certain few parts that are crucial to keep in the old colors will likely be created as service pack type items. An example of this would be the 9v train track. I am interested in getting feedback from you (via this thread) on which elements MUST be produced in the old colors for the long term. (And no, you can’t say “the whole range of parts!” :) )”

I stand corrected, thanks.

I still don’t think that even if a part is “kept around for the long term” in the old color, the implication is that you won’t see it in the new color.

This set has been planned for production for some time, surely. And elements of it were probably produced before the thread started, probably.

To answer my own question, I saw this on the Lego club website: http://boards.lego.com/default/topic.jsp?topicid=000f1f03eb69000000fae5c04d340da4

The company rep (sink21) says that “All new track (track produced as of January 2004), like all LEGO elements will be in the new colors.”

:-(

How long will the stock of old dark grey track last?

I notice there is no longer a very large pack of track (7x4515 + 5x4520 + 3x4531) on the LS@H website, so maybe stocks are running out :-(

Mark