 LEGO Company / 1854

Re: New Product Announcement - 10152
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 15:11:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:

   The sets are on their way to North America, and we should beginning shipping them in late June. They are currently available in Europe.

Jake

Dear Jake,

I received shipping notification yesterday, as did others.

Please give me the company that unloads freigth containers, gets them through customs, unpacks containers and ships them to customers, all within 24 hours.

Many compnaies in the US always struggle with the speed of customs, unloading, etc. How does Lego get this done so fast?

Or... were the sets already in the warehouse (for a while), and was the information you were told to pass on not entirely acurate....

Paul

Re: New Product Announcement - 10152
   The sets are on their way to North America, and we should beginning shipping them in late June. They are currently available in Europe.

Jake

Dear Jake,

I received shipping notification yesterday, as did others.

Please give me the company that unloads freigth containers, gets them through customs, unpacks containers and ships them to customers, all within 24 hours.

Many compnaies in the US always struggle with the speed of customs, unloading, etc. How does Lego get this done so fast?

Or... were the sets already in the warehouse (for a while), and was the information you were told to pass on not entirely acurate....

It’s not that anything was incorrect, but that multiple tasks that typically (or at least often) take longer to come together worked out lighting fast this time around. When I first posted, the latest data was that we would need until June to start shipping. It turned out that we were able to start shipping sooner... I hope you don’t mind! :)

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

RE: New Product Announcement - 10152
The sets are on their way to North America, and we should
beginning shipping them in late June. They are currently available in
Europe.

Jake

Dear Jake,

I received shipping notification yesterday, as did others.

Please give me the company that unloads freight containers, • gets them through
customs, unpacks containers and ships them to customers, all • within 24 hours.

Many companies in the US always struggle with the speed of customs,
unloading, etc. How does Lego get this done so fast?

Or... were the sets already in the warehouse (for a while), and was the
information you were told to pass on not entirely accurate....

It's not that anything was incorrect, but that multiple tasks
that typically (or
at least often) take longer to come together worked out lighting
fast this time
around. When I first posted, the latest data was that we would
need until June
to start shipping. It turned out that we were able to start
shipping sooner... I
hope you don't mind! :)

Jake

Paul was NOT complaining....;-)

As Lar says.... "under promise & over deliver"

Thanx for the GREAT set AND unexpected early delivery...:-D

Thanx,

Mark Millere
Visit Milissa's Lego™ Store, Millere's Spares™
http://www.MilleresSpares.com

[...]

Although I do not mind, you did write that the sets “...are on their way to North America..”. I do not mind faster shipping, but as I do import stuff for my lab and as a company rep. as part of my job(s), and deal with customs myself (tons of paperwork/stamps/etc), I cannot buy it that they were”...on their way...”. They must have been in the warehouse already. Of couse I do not mind shipping sooner, but I am just interested in the workings of the company, do they write up what you can communicate to us, do you get some facts and are expected to write with limited knowledge, or is it even a PR plot to say “look how fast we are”...:)

Paul

Re: New Product Announcement - 10152