 LEGO Company / 1800
Re: Top secret project - we need your help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 06:25:12 GMT

When will we hear the results?  In a week?  A month?

-Aaron

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message
All,

Richard and I (mostly Richard, thanks Richard!) have been working on a new
survey tool to get a better handle on the AFOL part desires. We have been
working on a super top secret project - we'll call it Project X -  for • many
months now, and it's just about ready for our pilot launch. But as part of • this
project, we would like to have your feedback on what parts you would most • like
to see in bulk form. I wish I could tell you more, but trust me, you'll • love the
outcome. Don't forget that because you don't hear anything from us in a • while,
doesn't mean we aren't working on terrific stuff!

The hope of this project is to be able to quickly and clearly generate a • Top 20
list of what specific parts in what specific colors the AFOL community as • a
whole would like to see us produce.

I can't promise that we'll be able to pull off every part request, but we • will
be listening and factoring your opinions into Project X.

You can fill out the survey (just once per AFOL!) at:

<http://www.pabtrak.com/survey/>

The Bulk Bricks survey allows you to choose up to 20 items each with up to • 10
colors. You can only take the survey once per AFOL, so choose wisely! (But • don't
worry.Richard's super duper "Parts Shopping Cart" allows you to change and
modify your selection for days)

Please note that we have included only the current color selection in this
survey. Richard has been kind enough to agree to a second version of the • survey
that is based only on the new and old colors so that we can put a bit more
quantitative data to that discussion about what parts should/could be • "locked".

Richard has also been kind enough to open up a special forum on BrikTrak • to
report bugs (only bug reporting, please). You can find it here:

<http://www.briktrak.com/forums/display_forum_topics.asp?ForumID=29>

Again, sorry I can't reveal more than this, but sometimes that's just how • it
works. I figured it's better to get you involved earlier in the process • even if
I can't share the details with you!

Jake

---¬
Jake McKee¬