 LEGO Company / 1706
1705  |  1707
Subject:
Top secret project - we need your help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.color, lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 16:49:03 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

All,

Richard and I (mostly Richard, thanks Richard!) have been working on a new survey tool to get a better handle on the AFOL part desires. We have been working on a super top secret project – we’ll call it Project X - for many months now, and it’s just about ready for our pilot launch. But as part of this project, we would like to have your feedback on what parts you would most like to see in bulk form. I wish I could tell you more, but trust me, you’ll love the outcome. Don’t forget that because you don’t hear anything from us in a while, doesn’t mean we aren’t working on terrific stuff!

The hope of this project is to be able to quickly and clearly generate a Top 20 list of what specific parts in what specific colors the AFOL community as a whole would like to see us produce.

I can’t promise that we’ll be able to pull off every part request, but we will be listening and factoring your opinions into Project X.

You can fill out the survey (just once per AFOL!) at:

http://www.pabtrak.com/survey/

The Bulk Bricks survey allows you to choose up to 20 items each with up to 10 colors. You can only take the survey once per AFOL, so choose wisely! (But don’t worry…Richard’s super duper “Parts Shopping Cart” allows you to change and modify your selection for days)

Please note that we have included only the current color selection in this survey. Richard has been kind enough to agree to a second version of the survey that is based only on the new and old colors so that we can put a bit more quantitative data to that discussion about what parts should/could be “locked”.

Richard has also been kind enough to open up a special forum on BrikTrak to report bugs (only bug reporting, please). You can find it here:

http://www.briktrak.com/forums/display_forum_topics.asp?ForumID=29

Again, sorry I can’t reveal more than this, but sometimes that’s just how it works. I figured it’s better to get you involved earlier in the process even if I can’t share the details with you!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison