 General / 6173
Re: The History of LEGO Plates - Part 1.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:28:48 GMT

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
Since several of you have expressed enjoyment with my blathering about
Lego history, I thought I would give you a 1956-65 history on the
origins of Lego plates.

If anyone has info that contradicts me, please feel free and let me
know.

The blueprints I have pictures of at:

http://194.131.104.225/~huw/lego/reference/blueprints/index.html

have been dated as 1965 by Phil Trivass. On at least one of them:

http://194.131.104.225/~huw/lego/reference/blueprints/blueprint3-01.jpg

plates are referred to as 'slimbricks', and this particular one says 'New
slimbricks in black'. Presumably this is referring to new in black, rather
than new slimbricks.

Huw