 General / 56186
56185  |  56187
Subject:
Discovered Unknown LEGO Set from Norway...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 04:46:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Two days ago a LEGO friend from Norway by the name of Arild found a never before
been seen set from Norway... the 1309 ESSO GARAGE SET... not to be confused with
the 1310/310 ESSO SERVICE STATION SET.

This very rare (only 1 known so far) set was produced from 1956-57, and only in
Norway.  Here is a writeup with photos I posted...
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=94452

This very rare set would likely command in excess of 1000 Euros at auction...
maybe much more!

What the existence of this set means is that another set that I had always
thought was never produced (the Billund Archives have no record of this), is the
1237 Garage Side Building Set, seen here...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/82930629@N08/12475538205/sizes/o/

This 1237 set I have listed in my Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide
DVD download as a prototype, will become an actually produced set, as soon as an
example shows up!

Unlike the 1309 set, which was only listed in 1956-57 Norway catalogs, the 1237
Garage Side Building Set was listed in both Norway and Sweden catalogs of
1956-57.

The 1309 set was short lived and only from Norway because it was nearly
identical to the 1236/236 Garage Set (as seen next to the 1237 image above), so
it was quickly discontinued in favor of the other set.

Great discovery news!
Cheers,
Gary Istok

P.S.  I have a new Facebook page on all historic things LEGO....
https://www.facebook.com/Unofficial.LEGO.Sets.Parts.Guide?hc_location=timeline