 General / 55712
55711  |  55713
Subject:
Texas Sate Railroad Palestine Depot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 03:49:28 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Gallery

My MOC inspired by the Texas State Railroad’s Palestine Depot. Along with its’ locomotives, the two depots on either end of the Texas State Railroad - one in Palestine, the other in Rusk, are memorable in their own right. For me, I find the Palestine Depot to be more beautiful.

It differs in some significant ways from the original: for example I chose not to build the partially attached gift shop, which causes the roof to become a hollow triangle. There are many other subtle and not so subtle differences, but I believe I’ve been able to capture the overall spirit of the building.

--Tony