 General / 55711
55710  |  55712
Subject:
LEGOLAND® Korea, In-Development
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.legoland
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:30:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Merlin Announces In-Development LEGOLAND® Korea

Asia Pacific was targeted for further development
September 10, 2011 - Epinephrine

Chuncheon City, Korea - Merlin Entertainment Group has recently announced that it has reached an agreement for the possible development of a future site with local investors and government in Korea, allowing Merlin to delve deeper into planning and negotiations. The group released a statement stating that, until recently, they had been researching places in Asia Pacific for future development.

Merlin is looking at a site in Chuncheon City, Korea, which is just under 40 miles from Seoul. Specifically, the group has been looking for the site of a future LEGOLAND® park. The region in question was already being examined by the city for the development of tourism interests. Because of this, Merlin intends to have local authority investing in addition to the main investment by the company itself.

One of the most exciting aspects of this new site is the setting. Not only is it convenient, with local rails and roads, but it would also be a first for LEGOLAND®. This site could provide LEGOLAND® with its first ever private island on a lake.

“We are very excited to have reached this agreement in Korea, which illustrates the strength of the LEGOLAND® brand, and of Merlin’s business model across the globe,” John Jakobsen, Merlin Entertainments’ Managing Director of LEGOLAND® Parks, said in Merlin’s recent press release. “The Asia Pacific region provides a great opportunity for Merlin’s continued development across our brands, but particularly LEGOLAND®. Over the next several months we look forward to working with our potential partners and investors in Korea to take the project to a stage where we can put it forward to the Merlin Board for investment approval.”

Merlin will be opening LEGOLAND® Florida in a few short weeks and is currently in the construction process of LEGOLAND® Malaysia, Merlin’s sixth LEGOLAND® park. It is due to open in Fall of 2012.

Source:

Coaster-net.com

Other links:

Themeparkpost.com