 General / 55533
  Re: How long is a length of monorail track?

(...) Alright, I just tried to measure using my scanner. I figured there would be very little optical distortion on the bed of the scanner, so it'll make a reasonably good straight-on image. Results: 32.7903 studs for the upper ramp 32.8166 studs (...) (14 years ago, 9-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How long is a length of monorail track?

(...) OK wait, the number of teeth on the inside and outside of a curve are different? I never took a monorail power unit apart but I always figured the gearing was locked together from one side to the other. Does it have a friction clutch? (14 years ago, 9-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How long is a length of monorail track?

(...) Yep! Easiest way to verify is just to look at the ends and compare them with the midpoint. The teeth are directly opposite each other on the ends, but are off by half-a-tooth in the middle, thanks to there being an odd number on the inside and (...) (14 years ago, 9-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How long is a length of monorail track?

(...) That was a dumb question, there's only a gear on one side of the power unit, not both. I was misremembering (14 years ago, 10-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How long is a length of monorail track?

(...) And just as a follow-up, because I know you were all on the edges of your seats waiting for this: Half Curve Right (part #2891) - 110 (inner), 115 (outer) Half Curve Left (part #2892) - 113 (inner), 113 (outer) Switch Right (part #2889): when (...) (14 years ago, 26-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How long is a length of monorail track?

(...) Wow! Thanks! I was going to dig out mine and count, but... y'know... my old eyes and such... not as good as they used to be.... Anyway, I do appreciate that you did this Dave K (14 years ago, 27-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)