 General / 53899
Re: 10181 Eiffle Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:49:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Patterson wrote:
Just finished building 10181.  It is a great piece.  However, it is rather
flimsy which seems to be a continuing problem with the large new sets.  What
else I saw was a slight variation in the shade of the bricks.  Even within the
same kind of brick I found variation.  Many of the bricks had scratches,
probably from shipping, makes me wonder if the plastic is not a bit softer than
the older ones. And there was somewhat unfinished edges on some of the bricks. I
also noticed that bricks are made in Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Austria and the
Czeck republic.  I hope that the move to Flextronics does not mean a lessening
of quality control.

I've noticed the same thing with some pieces I recently got. I posted my
thoughts on it here a few weeks ago:
http://news.lugnet.com/parts/?n=344

Additionally, I am getting the impression that these new pieces don't stick
together as strongly as the old ones did. Not entirely sure about this though.

I don't know exactly what is going on here, but it's making me wary of buying
several sets that I would get without thinking twice otherwise.

-Gaurav

(remove the capital S's in the email)