 General / 53776
Re: Problems with Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 05:42:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Tim David wrote:
Just been to Brickshelf and it reports

Brickshelf has discontinued operation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Maj still seems to be up

Tim

The loss of Brickshelf, even for a temporary period, is a serious loss to the LEGO community.  I visit the site every day and depend on it a great deal.  Without knowing the circumstances or the facts, some of you have attacked Kevin based on nothing more than assumptions.   Attacking the person whose assistance we will need in restoring the site or transferring the files, is not an intelligent act.  My first thought when I saw the e-mail posted on WAMALUG was to try and reach Kevin or Denise to find out what caused the problem.  I then checked LUGNET to see if the information was true. What I found were messages that were just plain mean. There is no way I would try to call the two of them late at night and be associated with the responses posted.

We honestly don’t know the circumstances or reasoning why Brickshelf is down.
Everyone take a deep breath and wait until we know the facts before any more
damage is done.

Clifton