 General / 53000

Subject:
5 years ago - The day we all came together - 9/11/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.year.2006
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:07:37 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Re: 5 years ago - The day we all came together - 9/11/01
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.year.2006
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:22:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie wrote:

it’s only too bad it didin’t stay that way. hopefully that will change sometime soon.

god bless america ondrew

In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie wrote:

it’s only too bad it didin’t stay that way. hopefully that will change sometime soon.

god bless america ondrew

Yes, let’s we all came together and pray to the Lord that he bless America. And let’s don’t care about if he bless any others or not.

Selçuk

Re: 5 years ago - The day we all came together - 9/11/01
In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie wrote:
it's only too bad it didin't stay that way. hopefully that will change
sometime soon.

god bless america
ondrew

Yes, let's we all came together and pray to the Lord that he bless America. And
let's don't care about if he bless any others or not.

Selçuk

Excuse me if I answer a troll but feel that I have to.

First of all, let's all come to together and pray to the Lord to have mercy on all
the victims of 9/11 and it's aftermath.

Makeing sarcastic remarks about any of the victims is just bad taste.

But have to admit that I too cringe at the phrase "god bless america".
But note that I cringe just as bad at "god bless sweden" or any other nation.

A meeting flanked by large Swedish flags and using such phrases is 99 out of 100
neonazis or racists.

I ask our NA friends to remember that such parades and phrases was at the core
of nationalistic and fascist movements that triggered WW2.

Patriotism is wonderful, when displayed at national days and sports events.
At other events it's tends to get a foul hint of nationalism.

I'm am fully aware that this is _not_ the case in the US, I'm just asking you to
understand why we sometimes act a bit odd to such events.

And please, don't read this as a flamebait. If you feel the need to flame please
do so over email.

// anders

Re: 5 years ago - The day we all came together - 9/11/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general

In lugnet.general, Anders B Jansson wrote:
Selçuk Göre wrote:
In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie wrote:
it's only too bad it didin't stay that way. hopefully that will change
sometime soon.

god bless america
ondrew

Yes, let's we all came together and pray to the Lord that he bless America. And
let's don't care about if he bless any others or not.

Selçuk

Excuse me if I answer a troll but feel that I have to.

First of all, let's all come to together and pray to the Lord to have mercy on all
the victims of 9/11 and it's aftermath.

Makeing sarcastic remarks about any of the victims is just bad taste.

I most probably am a troll, so you are probably answering one, but I don't think
you owe any apologies to anyone about that..:-)

There is no need to flame on my side, since, appearently we are exactly thinking
the same about "god bless xxx". I just need to clear that, my sarcasm has
absolutely nothing to do with any of the victims (1). I just need to point out
that "we all came together" and "god bless america" is a bit exclusive.

Regards,

Selçuk

(1) http://www.lugnet.com/~1024/WeAllCameTogether you can see my name here, too.
And be sure that it is really from heart. 9/11 was just after the big quake that
we had here, and I still have way too many bad memories by my firsthand
experience about searching for bodies under collapsed buildings.

Re: 5 years ago - The day we all came together - 9/11/01