 General / 52873
  One really pissed off Lego customer!

This sucks. So today I was going to finally order the windows I needed for a building I’ve been building for a while now and I ran into a couple snags. 1.) The lego.com and it’s shop.lego.com sites are not loading properly. I had to refresh and (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

Ondrew: Lego switched to a fixed percentage for shipping a few months ago. As for sales tax, they only seem to charge it for states with actual Lego stores. Ken (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

(...) Also, news from the Burlington store indicates that you can order from Shop At Home *from* the store, which can be used towards the loyalty cards (yum!). Hence, they likely changed the system around to accomodate this. Actually, since loyalty (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

Wait, you are pissed because of their prices? Did you buy this without knowing, or did you see everything up front? If you already bought this and then realized what happened, then be pissed at yourself for not reading the quoted price properly. If (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

--SNIP-- (...) --SNIP-- Moved to off-topic.debate Yes it's their business but of course you can get pissed at the way it is run. That's like saying you shouldn't get pissed at a shoddy product: it's the manufacturers business and they can run it how (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

(...) What do you have to complain about? If I place the same order on S@H I get a final price of 1182.25 SEK ($165.379 according to (URL) the fact that the average US person has 30-70% more money to spend than a Swede doesn't make the equation (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

(...) I knew the price of the parts and that there would be shipping however I didn’t know about the new shipping price structure or the sales tax thing until the second page of checkout. (...) If I did, I would, but that is not the case. I am after (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

(...) i totaly and comepletly agree!!!!! well said! ondrew (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

(...) Actually, Illinois looks wierd. Looks like it's variable sales tax depending on the district, which I had never heard of before. Chicago, for instance, looks like it has a 9% sales tax. And, if you calculate the sales tax *after* the shipping (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

(...) Hmm, here is the screen directly before you confirm your order. What more warning do you need? (URL) Sorry, but you seem to be flaming (or trolling) Lego. I'm gonna defend Lego. It would be flaming to call you an idiot, which I'm not gonna do. (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

(...) The problem with Shipping costs is that they very rarely cover just shipping. Also included are the costs of packaging, warehousing, handling, etc. "Shipping Cost" really isn't an accurate description. There are a few issues with basing (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: One really ticked off Lego customer!

(...) By an amazing coincidence, I just got an email from LEGO.com this morning that says that they have free shipping on orders of $75 or more, and when I go to (URL) they have the free shipping promotion right on the main page. That would take (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

In lugnet.general, Josh Breese wrote: .... (...) Getting pissed is our business, and we can do it how we want. I suggest not getting mad at us for protecting our assets and profits. Cheers, Selçuk (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: One really pissed off Lego customer!

(...) Hmm, here is the screen directly before you confirm your order. What more warning do you need? (URL) Sorry, but you seem to be flaming (or trolling) Lego. I'm gonna defend Lego. It would be flaming to call you an idiot, which I'm not gonna do. (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)