 General / 52626
Re: pics of 4896, and other new sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2006
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2006 20:34:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl wrote:
8285 - drooooooool
4896 isn't bad either

Now I just have to hope that every single bley piece in them can be
replaced with grey or some other color...

Heh. At 1000steine, they discussed this very issue a while back. I think they
determined that the 4896 came down to a single element that was too new to be
available in the original gray. It's the 1x2 plate with side rod of 2004. See
the handle of glove-compartment in this close-up:
http://www.1000steine.de/temp/4896-1.jpg
It was pointed out that the element could be swapped for black or that a
slightly different element be used. Their post:
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?&u=http://www.1000steine.de/forum2/forum_entry.php%3Fid%3D1282
(Cut and paste the URL to see the page translated roughly into English)

LEGO retail stores here in Massachusetts got the 4896 sets in stock last week
(Wednesday?) but I have yet to swing by and purchase the set for myself.

-Suz