 General / 52519
    Cleaning Lego —Brian Bacher
   I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to clean large amounts of lego bricks. I have a middling-large collection that has been set up for some time in my basement, and the cheap paint on the walls has started flaking off onto the assembled lego (...) (18 years ago, 16-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Cleaning Lego —Eric Sophie
     Hello, my recomendation is to use a thick blush makeup brush. I use them for dusting off my models. They work well and do not scratch trans elements like canopies and windows. They also conform to the studs and clean them well. (URL) Like the one (...) (18 years ago, 16-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Cleaning Lego —Joseph Williams
     (...) All new lego to the collection that comes from second hand sources goes through the dishwasher here. I put them in a mesh laundry bag that zips up, and put it on the top rack away from the heating element. I've put things as small as technic (...) (18 years ago, 16-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Cleaning Lego —Chris Magno
   (...) snip (...) This is my tale of woe from a few years ago with a old pillow case and a washing machine. Your milage may vary. (URL) (18 years ago, 16-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Cleaning Lego —Kevin Wilson
   (...) LOL, Chris, this happened to me too! Though in my case the pillowcase wore out after several uses for washing LEGO, and it was random used LEGO rather than a set (I dusted my Space Shuttle as I took it apart a few years ago... it's still in a (...) (18 years ago, 16-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)