 General / 52191
Re: WANTED! ESSO drum brick 1x1 round 1:87
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 03:39:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Strand wrote:
In lugnet.general, Jeremy Scott wrote:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Henrik Thrane wrote:
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could help me to find one of the rare ESSO 1x1 round
Drum bricks with the ESSO text?
It is one of the last things I miss in my 1:87 collection and I would like to
offer 100$ for one in good condition:-)

I would also be very gratefull if someone could help me to find one!

Pardon my ignorance, what is a/the 1:87 collection?

In the late 1950's LEGO introduced a line of vehicles and buildings at
approximately 1:87 scale.  We can guess that this scale was chosen to be
compatible with many H0 train layouts.  This was the original LEGO "SYSTEM OF
PLAY".

http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/238/32_page_32.htm
http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/238/10_page_10.htm
http://www.redshift.com/~shifflett/lego/town_scene/town_scene.html
http://www.redshift.com/~shifflett/lego/mursten_1/mursten_1.html

H0 trains shown with LEGO in this booklet:
http://www.redshift.com/~shifflett/lego/mursten_byggebog/mursten_byggebog.html

Hope this helps,
Eric

Besides what Eric already explained, the classic Lego scale (Lego 1x2x3 classic
door is 3 bricks tall) is 1:87.  That scale was phased out between 1973-80, when
first the 1x3x4 door came out (produced 1973-80).  The minifig scale 1x4x5 door
came out in 1978, and later came the 1x4x6 door.  So today's Lego scale is
approximately 1:43.

Gary Istok