 General / 52192
52191  |  52193
Subject:
Christmas Ornaments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 06:13:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Here’s a few Christmas ornaments I built this year for our first Christmas tree.

This one is a simple wrapped package, using my modest collection of gold bricks. To tell the truth, I’m three gold bricks shy of the full 16 necessary, so I used tan 2x4s in their stead. I put them all in one corner, so they’re pretty well hidden right now. The package is 5 x 9 studs and 4 and 2/3 bricks tall. The bow on top is about two bricks tall, and also serves as the hangar for the ornament.

This one is based off the gold one, but using 2x2s instead of 2x4s, giving it a 5x5 stud footprint. The bow is very different due to the lack of parts, but it also has a hole for the hangar.

This is a nifty little snowflake I made. I was a little concerned about being able to use SNOT without white headlight bricks or technic bricks, but I think I did pretty well besides.

I have one more design in the works, but I’m waiting on a BL order.

--Anthony