 General / 50946
Re: Supporting Brickshelf so it doesn't go away!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:29:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Clark Stephens wrote:

Brickshelf is already set up to accept monetary contributions. Details here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/contrib.html

So, put your pennies where your pictures are, and post a payment to BS.

That's assuming that money is the problem.  I'm not convinced of that, and Kevin
certainly hasn't said so.  In fact, he's said very little of anything at all,
except that he may stop accepting uploads at some point.

Of course I am only guessing, but it looks to me like Kevin may be lacking the
time or interest to maintain Brickshelf.  This is a pretty common occurrence in
any one-person project.  Money can help for a little while, if there's enough of
it, but ultimately it's likely to fail unless the project turns into a full-time
business or an open-source, user-driven one.

Best,
- Joe