 General / 50947
50946  |  50948
Subject:
Vintage Lego Commercials Online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 20:41:20 GMT

In a post last September I wondered if the vintage Lego commercials shown at
some Lego stores were available online.  I haven't been able to find a source
yet, but recently my good friend David Shifflett was able to capture a few on
videotape.

I've assembled some animated gifs which act as good thumbnails for the movies.

Enjoy:

Deeplinks:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/Vintage-TV/1962uk.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/Vintage-TV/flach-bausteine.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/Vintage-TV/ideabook.gif

Caution - the last one is fairly large but also contains some of the best
footage.  Reminds me of the ideabook 238 and 239 scenes (hence the title).

If anyone is planning a trip to the Lego store at Downtown Disney in Anaheim
bring along your videocamera and let me know what you get :)  Eventually maybe
we can get an "online museum" going.  I've still got some requests out to Lego
employees so I'm hoping I can make some progress there too.

Thanks,
Eric

More vintage goodness here:
http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/