 General / 50185
Re: Meet my son, and his creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:08:31 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, John Ladasky wrote:

I’ve been posting my MOCs, and his, to Brickshelf for some time now. I also post messages to Lugnet and get feedback on my own MOCs... but Spencer is puzzled why no one has left him comments about his MOCs! So I’ll introduce you to his folder, highlight a few MOCs, and tell a few quick stories.

snipity

   I have had most of our Lego collection sorted for years, which is a very unusual condition for children to encounter. Because of this organization, I’ve noticed a tendency for Spencer to build creations with many copies of the same part. Sometimes the result is pretty good! When he was four, he built a kangaroo and joey using only 2 x 2 right-angle brackets. He built the kangaroo first, and showed it to his Mom. She asked him, “where’s the little joey?” -- and he went back and built one.

snip snip

   Please let Spencer know what you think. Thanks!

I really like the kangaroo and joey. I think it shows good imaginative use of lego! It also shows a good ability to form abstract shapes. :)

-Alfred