 General / 48871

Re: I hate MOCPages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 00:54:35 GMT

...and I hate how when a Post is made like this one, and out of the 14 current
replies only TWO people actually replied on topic.

I'll be number 3, yes, I agree, I was surprised at some of the banter on
MOCpages. It seems to be abused by some people.

On the first note, perhaps if some people AROUND HERE, would not thread Hijack.
At least change the subject line, since you have no regard to the original
author's content. Just hanging your comments off other people's.

This is such an annoying habit some of our members have Bloviating everywhere.

Anthony, your welcome sir, vent away. The rest of you, invent your own posts.

Re: I hate MOCPages
...and I hate how when a Post is made like this one, and out of the
14 current replies only TWO people actually replied on topic.

I'll be number 3, yes, I agree, I was surprised at some of the banter on
MOCpages. It seems to be abused by some people.

On the first note, perhaps if some people AROUND HERE, would not
thread Hijack.  At least change the subject line, since you have no
regard to the original author's content. Just hanging your comments
off other people's.

This is such an annoying habit some of our members have Bloviating
everywhere.

Anthony, your welcome sir, vent away. The rest of you, invent your own
posts.

Heh, I think yer onto something here.  Perhaps in addition to warning
about top posting netiquette, lugnet should implement some sorta filter
that issues an alert whenever it recognises a thread hijack in progress.
Now that'd be cool!  :^)

Don

Re: I hate MOCPages
...and I hate how when a Post is made like this one, and out of the 14 current
replies only TWO people actually replied on topic.

I'll be number 3, yes, I agree, I was surprised at some of the banter on
MOCpages. It seems to be abused by some people.

On the first note, perhaps if some people AROUND HERE, would not thread Hijack.
At least change the subject line, since you have no regard to the original
author's content. Just hanging your comments off other people's.

This is such an annoying habit some of our members have Bloviating everywhere.

Anthony, your welcome sir, vent away. The rest of you, invent your own posts.

As the self proclaimed king of bloviating (is amazing how you never hear a word
for many years and then twice in the same day, once in a West Wing Ep I just
watched and now here...)

Anyway, (thus reinforcing my bloviation), I only read the creators' description
and look at the pics at MOCpages--I rarely read the responses 'cause  of the
previously mentioned idiotic posts.  I'd much rather spend my time reading the
posts here at LUGNET.

More than that, when there's a 'free posting' system in place, you're going to
get the idiots.  If there's a way to delete their offending posts, avail
yourself of those ways.

Dave K
-who was planning on adding some sort of posting system to his personal website,
but seeing as how that brings out the worst in posters, probably not going to
happen...

Re: I hate MOCPages
...and I hate how when a Post is made like this one, and out of the 14 current
replies only TWO people actually replied on topic. • snip

[...]

See that's ok though, you get a free pass because you have a pin that says "I'm
from RTL". Plus you were a joy to meet in person and you always had a smile on
your face. You are a rare kind of person who feels free in expressing how you
feel. That is to be cherished. Self included, we just gotta help keep convo's on
topic to be all gentlemanly, or has that gone out of style?

Remember Mr. Bungle.

e - Sava Fan, btw, anyone who talks smack about Mr. Sava, why I'll beat their
whole LUG up.

and if you don't get that, you also need to meet me in person.

Re: I hate MOCPages

And elsewhere in lugnet.general, Eric Sophie wrote:
e - Sava Fan, btw, anyone who talks smack about Mr. Sava, why I'll beat their
whole LUG up.

and if you don't get that, you also need to meet me in person.

Word, yo.  Lookin out for the little guy.  Eric Sophie, my man, my home boy,
home slice, slice of cake, piece of pie, can of carp, ying to my yang, fig to my
newton, lens to my cap, dead to my beat, theory to my relativity, and probably
the most misunderstood of the lot, the stud to my brick.

Yeah.  I need to stop.  I'm terrible at that.  Really.  REALLY.  Terrible.

I don't mind getting highjacked too much.  I mean, yes, it's inconsiderate, but
on an egotistical level it's a good thing.  People are going to see this massive
thread that everyone keeps posting to, and the people seeing this thread will be
curious as to what started this explosion of posting, which would lead back to
my seed thread.  If this were a MOC, then I could say that my new MOC was
getting a lot of extra attention.  Of course it's not a MOC, so my public rant
is what is getting a lot of attention.  At least this rant is getting a better
reception than most of my other rants. *cough* Scibrick *cough* July Surprise
*cough*

--Anthony "Foot so in my mouth I can kick myself in the backside" Sava