 General / 48869
48868  |  48870
Subject:
Orlando LIC to get a huge pick-a-brick section
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 23:54:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Today I dropped by the Lego Imagination Center at Downtown Disney in Orlando,
Florida, and struck up a conversation with one of the employees.

He told me that the store is closing soon, to be temporarily moved to another
storefront in Downtown Disney so that the original location can be renovated.
The renovations were due to be underway already, but Hurricane Charley is giving
the contractors a lot of work, so they're behind schedule. He expects the
renovated store to reopen next April.

The biggest thing to be done in the renovation is to expand the Pick-a-Brick
selection.  The side room will be entirely dedicated to PaB.  Right now there
are 64 bins of bricks; he expects there to be 300 bins after the renovation.