 General / 48006
  Re: Complete LEGO color reference

I don't believe they have official names, only numbers. I have photographs of a reference board hanging in the model shop at LLW that shows these numbers and which may be of use: (URL) were taken a year or so ago so won't have the new bleys etc. on (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Complete LEGO color reference

(...) They do have official names (many of them horribly confusing), but they're probably regulated by the number codes. It's certainly easier to look up a color by number than by name, which is why paint chips use both (customers like to know that (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.general)