 General / 47414
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 21:51:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:
In lugnet.general, Don Heyse wrote:
  I noticed there was never an official denial to
the rumor that the real reason was so TLC could recycle blue ABS into
the greys, and red ABS into the browns in order to save money.

Consider this an official denial. :)

OK... that what is the real reason for the change?  Please don't tell me TLC is
applying patent for the new colour... :p

And why can't TLC switch back for the mean line, but can still produce old
colour if needed?  If the new colour is really cheaper to mass produce, you can
just say so without disclosing any technical or financial detail, right?