 General / 47381
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 16:27:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:
Agreed, and if you stand around me in person more than 10 minutes, you'll
probably hear at least 3 big "thank you!" for that.

But I don't think I did a good job of explaining my point. I'm not saying
that AFOLs are not worth listening to. I'm saying that I don't understand the
original point about how TLC might be "using" the AFOL feedback to further
goals with other audiences (aside from implementing the AFOL feedback, which
leads to product enhancements for general audience products).

Ah, I see now.  You were trying to say that the only market that cares strictly
about the commitment to listen to AFOL feedback is the AFOL market itself, which
I can agree with.  Noone else has any reason to care why you did something so
much as they do about what you actually did.  The way I read it, however, was
that the only market that ever benefits from the actual implementation of AFOL
advice is the AFOL market, which is not true, as AFOLs often pass on feedback
from the general consumer market.