 General / 47358
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 16:10:05 GMT

2) Dislike the minifigure's head color change. Keep it yellow.

Okay, _this_ I've actually heard a believable explanation for.  At Toy Fair, I
was told that the reason for shifting to skin-tones in the licensed sets is
because the major retail chains have been leaning on TLC to do just that.  If
the retail chains aren't happy, they'll stop ordering as much product, and that
will have a severely negative impact on TLC's bottom line.  It doesn't matter if
the consumers care one way or the other if the big retail chains make their
orders based on a perception that they do.

So what you're saying is only on sets like Spiderman, Harry Potter, Star Wars
and the new Ferarri ones will this be in affect? Wasn't aware of the above,
thanks.

If I want realism I'll buy McFarlane toys.

Accounts of their realism are greatly exaggerated.  They've got detail out the
wazoo, but very little of it is realistic, and the paint jobs are often
hideously blotchy.

And sometimes they even use the same sculpt on multiple figures (Lalime of NHL
series 8 is exactly the same as Thibault of series 3)