 General / 47344
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 13:51:20 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:
Agreed that there's nothing like putting your hands on it. But since 99.9% of
retailers wouldn't carry the ISD, for instance, would you prefer that we simply
don't do it, and concentrate only on things that a retailer *may* decide to
stock? (Remember, we don't and can't _force_ retailers to sell anything)
Just don't make them so damn exclusive. I'm among the lucky people who
have a brand store in less than an hours drive away, but even *they*
don't carry the sets that I'd like to buy there.

Take bulk packs. The PAB in Cologne has a mediocre selection of mostly
useless (for me) bricks, most of them too bulky (as they are selling by
volume). They could sell bulk packs at least of the smaller parts that
would be too bad for volume-based sales. Instead, they squander space by
  selling sword and bionicle claws made from styrofoam (SP?)...

And even S@H does not sell the things I'd really love to buy - and the
brand store actually *has* them, but doesn't want to sell them...

It is a mad, mad world in Billund. If I look up into the Danish sky,
what colour will I see? Pink? Yellowinsh green? A shade of Purple? Who
knows...

Yours, Christian