 General / 47310
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 04:33:26 GMT

I'd say I have to agree that the parts packs of basic bricks, plates and tiles
would be a good permanent setting.  However, I would like to see those same
packs in the new colors ALSO.  I have room for both of the dark and light grey
tones, as well as the brown shades.  Around here, we have a naturally occuring
blue granite, that is the hardest thing next to diamonds, in terms of
construction.  You cannot chip it, jackhammer it or smash it.  You can only
blast it, so that'd be a fine stone color to add to tower creations of MOC
quality.  Just make both old and new light/dark grey and brown packs available,
makes a nice pebbled wall effect.

Make some darn 1x1 brown tiles in the old brown shade!!

As far as accessories for minifigures go, I don't really take issue with that.
I would like to still see old colors on accessories, but the new colors would be
welcome there.

For baseplates, you have to stick to the same old colors, or the landscapes will
get odd in blocky patterns that would not be natural.

I really don't care about the wall pieces, they don't matter that much to most
of my creations.  If you are a pre-fab wall builder it might be a bad thing to
change colors in the middle of a MOC, so consider that a fan possibility.

What about brown horses?  I'd certainly welcome the new brown there.  Any
variation on a three-color breed is GOOD!

DONT'T ever change the tan and green (all shades current) available, those are
UNIVERSAL COLORS in my mind's eye.  I'm lovin' every bit of the tan out there.

I cannot really think of that much else that'll push me over the edge into rabid
death lunges at TLC folk.  If I do, I'll letcha' know.
:o)
-Aaron-