 General / 47308
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 04:20:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

More feedback from me, since there doesn't seem to be enough general
feedback on this topic.  :P

I really like the idea of releasing a bunch of castle Legends in new gray.
This would be a great way for us to start building our new gray collection.

I would also like to see a old brown "house building" set consisting of
windows with lattices, plates, slopes and various doors.  Throw in a
pitchfork or two also and you'll sell a bunch I would think.

Thanks for reading!

-Aaron

"Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Jake contacted me and has asked me to post my opinion as to what specific • parts
I'd like to see offered in Bulk that would make the Castle people happy, • much
like the old grey train track makes the train people happy.

He suggested maybe Castle Wall pieces.  Old grey Castle Wall pieces, in my
opinion, are rather meaningless without the basic bricks in the same color • to
use along side them.  A New grey Castle Wall Piece bulk pack (which he • later
suggested) would be nice for builders, I'm sure, but I would imagine only • for
those builders who are just now starting to build Castle MOCs and don't • have a
substantial amount of old grey, and wouldn't be a big hit with the long • time
castle builders more fond of the old grey.

He then suggested maybe an armor accessory.  Old grey Castle Armor bulk • packs
would be great, but in my opinion, New grey Castle Armor bulk packs would • be
great too.  Minifig accessories are, to me, the only thing that I'd be • willing
let LEGO change the color of.  The new dark and light greys are very • metallic
looking, and would work well for armor and weapons which, of course, are
supposed to be metal.

We castle people would love more armor and weapon bulk packs, but I think • we'd
want them regardless of which color of grey they were made in.

So the question then was, what specific part would I want?  Well, like • Train
Track, only those parts that you do not actually use in conjunction with • new
grey would be acceptable in old grey.  What I mean is, you don't use train • track
in a MOC, typically.  Train track is used with other train track, but for • the
most part all other MOCs are not a permanent part of the track and • vice-versa.

That being said, the only real parts that I can see LEGO releasing in the • old
grey that would work well for Castle would be Minifig accessories.  My • reasoning
is that all other possible Castle Parts are typically used along side • other
bricks, there are no real stand alone Castle parts that I can think of • that
would be a good release in a bulk pack in old grey.

HOWEVER...

I don't think it'd really be worth a special production run of old grey to • make
minifig (Castle) accessories.

So my official suggestion?  I have two.

1. Least important.  Big Grey Baseplates in the original color.

2. Most important.  Make the bulk packs offered in the 10,000 limited • production
run in the old light grey, old dark grey, and old brown (were they • offerend in
old brown?) a permanent offereing from LEGO Direct.

As for other Castle people, I'm sure they'll reply here on Lugnet as to • their
opinion.

The members of Classic-Castle have been asked to share their opinion as to • what
part or parts they'd like to see in a bulk old grey or brown pack, and you • can
see that thread here:

http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13521

--Anthony