 General / 47275
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 23:11:58 GMT

<snippage>

Jake:

I recall a somewhat controversial (as always!) survey that you announced in the
past few months.  The main focus of it was Legends.  We were asked to rate
possible future Legends releases.  There were also questions about potential
future themes.  I also recall one lego.com survey asking AFOLs about our
spending habits.

Having gone through a number of surveys, I sure would be interested in seeing
some of the results.  Obviously, releasing some of the results might give your
competitors or potential competitors some advantage, but some tidbits would be
nice to receive.  Anything in the works to release anything to us?  I assume
participation rates by AFOL's are high in these surveys, despite our griping
about their design?

Thanks,
Markus

I agree.  I careless for this color change issue more as I see what the
colors look like.  The only thing that I really find irritating about the
colors is the decision to go with pasty skin tones instead of classic ones.

That, and a coincidental (maybe or maybe not) incident that happened to
sell out of Black Sea Barracuda, Blacksmith Shop (My Own Creation),
Black Falcon Fortress, Guarded Inn all at the same time at Lego
Shop@Home... errrr!!! :(

Also its been ages (since March/April 2003) since either a Legend or
a My Own Creation has been released (the latter being September 2002,
Sante Fe Cars I and II)

I can truly say, however, that I really love most of the retail sets that has or
will have come out, and I am impressed with the exclusives that have
been released lately to a very large extent...however, no Legends or
MOC sets... :(

just posting/venting my feelings,
Ben Medinets