 General / 47258
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 22:07:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Jake,
First let me say thank you again and again for all your time and patience
dealing with what seems to be an endless number of cranky old weirdos.

Okay, now to the nasty stuff.

Again, I know the color change upset many of you, and I don’t mean to re-open
wounds.

Honestly, every time I open a new set with New Grey - the wound is re-opened.
Everytime I see my bag of New Grey and New Brown, the wound is re-opened.  I
want to cry.

Partially because there are quite a few parts that were never made in old grey
that are now available in new grey.  Some parts that were rare in OG, and now
common in NG (the light saber hilt, for example).

And partially because I won't be able to add the new parts to my existing
collection.

I have bought new sets, and will continue to do so.  But perhaps not at the same
rate I once did.  I definately will focus on Designer Sets as they don't have as
much NG, not to mention they are great sets all around.

It really upsets me that this happened when it did.  Just a point when TLG was
beginning to respect and trust the Fans, this happens and now Fans may never be
able to really trust TLG again.  Of course, things will slowly get better over
time, but this scar will be seen for a long time coming.  Everything else aside,
this is the biggest mistake ever (if not the color change, then the errors
around communication of the color change, etc).

Still faithfully,

Lenny Hoffman, Adult Fan of LEGO