 General / 47255
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 21:43:09 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:
since the change is here to stay, let's focus on the best way to
ease into the transition.

*Is that by "locking" certain key parts in old colors for the
forseeable future?
*Is that by focusing on getting wider access to the new colors?
*Is it by some other concept?

<My opinion>
The 'natural' transition to the new colors would be to have as many
different elements as possible available in the *new* colors as soon as
possible (bulk, mixed packs, etc).

As long as only a few different parts are available, it's very difficult to
build as one wishes, and mixing old and new greys doesn't look too good in
many circumstances. Frustration follows...

So, as it's impossible to continue the old colors (may they rest in peace!),
make sure the new ones gets bulk packs, and lots of different parts. Give
the community a couple of years, and most of the problem is gone...
</My opinion>

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm