 General / 47244
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 20:54:11 GMT

Well, Jake, I admire your willingness to again appear before a mob to weather another volley. Those above you at TLC can learn a great deal from your genuine devotion to the product and its loyal (until now) users.

I believe TLC has made its greatest blunders - galvanizing their decision to forge ahead with the new colors, and not admitting to a bad decision. SO, since that’s no longer even up for argument, I’ll try to be constructive with my opinion of what might prompt me to buy anything produced after 2003....

I really like the idea of classic grey/brown tubs. This would help appease many castle and space folk, and I would most certainly buy multiple tubs...then revel in the fact that I didn’t have to scour Bricklink for classic grey!

Somebody earlier in the thread suggested that any future LEGO Legend release consist of the classic greys and brown - how could it be called a “Legend” otherwise? I like that idea, too. I would resume purchases of Legend sets if this were the case.

Lots of other great ideas in this thread as well, but MY point is make sure you do your part to ensure TLC does SOMETHING to keep alive an on-going flow of classic grey/brown. Sets, bulk, tubs, SOMETHING. In the meantime I’ll be sure to do my part by speaking with my wallet...a closed one.

Thanks again Jake!

-Matt