 General / 47239
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 20:39:56 GMT

Well ideally they would just go back to making everything in the original
colors.  I really wanted to like the new Spiderman and Harry Potter sets too.
The mini-Star Destroyer set really irks me though. The perfect space accessory
pack ruined by new neon grey. Anyway back to the topic at hand...
(snip)

Personally, I think the detail parts are as important, or more important, than
the bulk bricks... although bulk bricks matter too!

What kind of detail parts? I'm hoping to put together a list that I can pass
along.

Mostly the modified plates and bricks that give you good greeblization.

I agree the specialized yet still generic non-theme specific parts are the most
useful aside from basic bricks.

The plate-modifieds for starters...

1x1 plate with clips (all three kinds),
1x2 plates with handles, with rods, with offset studs
1x2 tile with rod, 1x2 tile with one stud

The 1x2 grille tiles
The 1x2 grille bricks

1x2-1x4 brackets
1x1 brick with side stud (headlight or washing machine brick)
1x1 round brick, 2x2 round brick and plate, 2x2 macaroni brick

Rod system stuff.
The antennas and rods in various sizes

Stuff like that. Non theme specific but useful for detail.

More later if I have time, kinda heads down at my client right now (in NJ
actually, rather than MA where I thought I'd be the rest of the week)

The only other thing I would add is 1x1 brick with 4 side studs and the similar
1x2 "rocket" multi-stud piece. (I would like the old space jet with 1x2 plate
but only if the above was done first. Of course placing them end to end could
look interesting on a castle or town building too.)

-Mike Petrucelli