 General / 47188
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 16:55:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Jake,

I just want to add my comments on offerings for castle fans

Since the color decisions seem to be final, I think that the best option is to
ease this transition into the new colors.  Castle builders will need basic
bricks, wall pieces, arches, plates, etc in the new light grey color.  In my
opinion, the best option would be another castle legend in new grey.  Another
run of Black Falcon's Fortress or a castle like 6080 King's Castle would allow
castle fans to quickly build up new grey supplies.  Future "modular" legends
like Armor Shop and Battering Ram would also be nice choices.

I do not think that old color wall pieces would be very popular or sell well at
shop at home.  Sets seem to do much better than some bulk packs (ie: Castle
Accessories vs. Guarded Inn)

Castle fans would also like improved selection in minifigure accessory packs.
Popular items in a pack (in new or old colors) would be round shields, euro
breastplate armor, archery targets, forestmen caps and peasant cowls (in colors
like green, black, brown, grey, tan, and red), plumes in new colors (orange,
tan, etc) grill helmets, bullet helmets, flared helmets, axes, swords - in brown
or black perhaps ;)  These are just a few ideas off of the top of my head.
Basically - with existing molds and new colors - LEGO could make the best castle
accessory pack ever.

Another popular idea could be making a "classic" accessory pack in old light
grey of weapons, shields, armor, and helmets (substituting new pointed visors)
of the 1978-83 castle sets.  Instead of releasing a legend of Yellow Castle, how
about a minifig pack or accessory pack with these pieces and stickers.

Many castle fans would also like more accessory packs for buildings.  This could
be curved top windows in several colors, brown doors (rectangular), steep roof
peaks (we have been waiting forever to get more of these...) or a good roof
pack, 1x4x3 windows with lattice panes in colors like black and brown, folliage
(in orange perhaps), and another food pack.

These are just a few of my ideas.  But there are alot of options available.  I
think we want more variety to add to our minifigs, buildings, and villages.

Ben Ellermann