 General / 45519
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:24:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:
I do like the concept of LEGOfan.net and I hope that it will happen.  However, I
believe it should encorporate exiting theme related sites, not force these sites
to conform to a new standard.  Of course, if someone else wanted to form a
castle website, they would be welcome.

At this point, I and other admins at CC have not been contacted to work on this
project.  I believe that the LEGOfan team should actively work with people
running sites like fbtb, cc, etc at this early planning stage.

Nor has BZPower been contacted. I firmly believe success can only be achieved by
LEGOFan working with owners of sites who will be directly affected by LEGOFan.
Early in the process.

I also think that a new site should have limited featured content of each theme
and then link to that theme's website.  LEGOfan should work with these sites,
not replace them.

Thank you for putting it so concisely. I would've spent a lot more time winding
around to the same point. I applaud your last sentence.

- Kelly
BZPower