 General / 45083
Re: Problem with integration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:12:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Orion Pobursky wrote:
I love LEGO but I have a problem that's hampering my creativity.   I have a
large general collection made up of several lots that, over the years, I won
on eBay.  In addition to this, I own just about every Star Wars set and a
good number of recent Technic and Adveturers sets.  My problem is I'm having
trouble resolving myself to part out these set and mix these sets in with my
general collection.  One side me of says that the pieces will still be there
once they're mixed in and I still have the instruction booklets if I want to
make a model again.  The other side can't stand to see these model be taken
apart since doing so will destroy the uniqueness of my collection.  I'm
curious if anyone else has had this problem and, if so, how it was overcome.

The simplest solution is to buy duplicate sets.  The cheapest is to suck it up
and part them out.  Somewhere in between is parting out sets that you're no
longer very interested in and buying other parts on Bricklink.