 General / 45081
Re: Problem with integration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:53:30 GMT

Orion Pobursky wrote:

I love LEGO but I have a problem that's hampering my creativity.   I have
a large general collection made up of several lots that, over the years, I
won on eBay.  In addition to this, I own just about every Star Wars set
and a good number of recent Technic and Adveturers sets.  My problem is
I'm having trouble resolving myself to part out these set and mix these
sets in with my general collection.  One side me of says that the pieces
will still be there once they're mixed in and I still have the instruction
booklets if I want to make a model again.  The other side can't stand to
see these model be taken apart since doing so will destroy the uniqueness
of my collection.  I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem and, if
so, how it was overcome.

I know what you mean...
Right now I have 2 collections (well 2.5 actually)
One is my sets, which are taken apart to conserve space and sorted into
about 50 boxes.
Then the other are bricks I buy on Bricklink/eBay and other occaisions.
Those I keep sorted into old and new, but otherwise I use them as I see fit
(once used they go in the used bin) These I also sell/trade, but once a
brick enters my set collection it stays there, period.

Hope this helps a bit, I know the dillemma.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
Brick Piles          | Santa Fe B-unit