 General / 44004
Re: New colors and other info (ATTN JAKE)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:40:45 GMT

Why? Lego is a big company. From what I can tell, Jake isn’t involved in product development or manufacturing at Lego.

You can’t be serious - you’re surprised that Lego consumer affairs isn’t aware of every little nitpicking** change done to their product?

Spencer

**perhaps a major issue to a couple hundred AFOLS but little impact to everyone else

LEGO is not that big, however Jake is supposed to be in the know and when it comes to a product that is now on the shelves it can hardly be a development classified hush hush deal. What ever he needs to know is a phone call or email away.

Lego consumer affairs has always been on top of everything. They knew about the problem with the train wheels long before it hit Lugnet. To suggest they don’t know what’s going on is totaly ignorant of the consumer support LEGO is famous for.

Changing a basic color that has been for generations cannot be classified as nitpicking.

Even by LEGO’s estimates AFOLs are 5% of their clientel. That ads up to a whole bunch more than the couple hundred that are active on Lugnet.

The only reason these people in the know, don’t know is that they didn’t have a clue the firestorm this would cause. They don’t know because they havn’t decided the next step yet.-Ken