 General / 43821
Re: My Chosen Hobby
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:20:34 GMT

David,

Truly well spoken. I don't care if they say it misses the point or not -
I'm in 101% total agreement. I've only been into this for 10+ years, but I
think I know what I'm doing well enough by now that I know why I like lego.

Sounds like you could have written the "Real Reason LEGO Is So Popular"
essay just as easily as I.

That said, there's a difference between a politely
worded letter in support of your cause, and some of the tirades and rants I've
seen here.  Who would I want to listen to if I were head of 'Colour
Research' at
TLC?  A well spoken person who articulates thier position clearly, concisely,
and, above all, politely?  Or some 'foaming at the mouth'  "'cause I'm so ****
that the ****'s are changing the ***** colours!!!"

I wouldn't even listen to somebody spouting off at me. If you want to tell
me something, you can use a thesaurus and find some polite words to say it
with. If I was TLC, all the swearing would only further alienate the
swearing party from consideration.

From me, a quick message to TLC--Know that for 30+ years you've made this
particular fan of the brick very happy with his hobby.

It's only been 10+ for me, but I'll echo that statement entirely. LONG LIVE
LEGO!

~Mike "Total Agreement" Thorn