 General / 43274
Re: 2004 catalog sighting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:12:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Main wrote:
There used to always be a lot of excitement on r.t.l. and LUGNET this time of
year in anticipation of the first sighting of next year's LEGO catalog.  Someone
would find it, someone would post scans of it and discussion of all the new sets
and parts would ensue.  Is this still done?  My buying habits are such that I
don't even have a 2003 yet (other than S@H cats).  Anyway, I miss the detailed
examination of the new catalog that used to be a yearly event.  Why is this not
being done anymore?

Some of the fun went away during the bad years (around 1999) when themes as we
knew them submerged, and now there are so many other "leaks" and special treats
on the web that the catalog is not so new when it surfaces. Yeah, I miss that
too, and I also fondly remember the times when even the little insert sheet
would be the herald of an entirely new line like Ninja "in Summer 1998!"

I'm sure there are fans being made right now who will miss the good old days of
2003 later.

But, where is that catalog?

-Erik (with a K)