 General / 42166
Re: A Change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 22:24:37 GMT

Richard Noeckel <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote:
You jus' totally reiterated my statement because...?
I said: "it takes a while to get heard!"
U said: "takes a while to get *responded to*."

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Matthew Miller writes:
Well, do you think "to be heard" is the same as "to get a response"? 'Cause
it's not. There's often a lot of perfectly good reasons for there to be a
lag between the two. The "*" for emphasis was meant to highlight the
distinction between the two phrases.

<Playful-Sarcasm On>

Ohhhhhhh, I see...
What a big difference!       ;)

<Playful-Sarcasm Off>

Sorry I didn’t know such clarity was needed!
(Oups, didn’t completely turn Off the sarcasm)

I jus’ assumed that someone would need to hear/read
the post before it could be responded to. And that a
response is the natural course of action once the
information is interpreted/heard.

But I will award you bonus points for using the “*”
for purposes of emphasis.   (2-points for you!)

Congratulations,

                   --==Richard==--

(Don’t take my gesturing as snide, I'm jus’ jovial right now)