 General / 39375
39374  |  39376
Subject:
Lego animation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 05:58:03 GMT

Hello all Legofans!

Some of you have probably seen this before. But for they who don't;
Here is a Lego-animation/movie, it is a bit old, made back in 1999. It was
made as a contribution for a animation contest in the worlds bigges
LAN-party ever; "The Gathering '99" (TG99). I was one of the about 4500
persons that had a computer connected to that local area network (LAN).

The animation offcourse got the first price.  :)

WARNING! The file is huge! It is about 73MB, but is about 5 minutes long and
has good quality. (There are another file at brickshelf, but that do not
contain the full length)

Here are the link:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Movies/legoland.mpeg

There was also made another Lego movie the year after at TG00.
But I could not find it (yet).

Legoland.mpeg is not made by me, I just downloaded it at the LAN-party.
It is made by :
    Jørn Tømmerås
        (Surfacing, Lighting, Animation and Secondary Modelling)
    Tommy Solheim    (Main modelling)

The intro to the movie is a fun comersial ad (with Norwegian coments) for an
toothpaste with sugar and good taste  :)

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix